Art Alexion on 17 Mar 2008 04:44:33 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Windows themes (ON-TOPIC, i promise)

On Sunday 16 March 2008 18:57:51 Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
> There's a big downside to trying to mimic the look of another OS: When
> Linux behaves differently, it can come across as a flaw. Having a different
> appearance provides a sense that the user shouldn't expect everything to
> behave as on some other OS.

Maybe, but I'm in the camp that most users don't care about the OS, they care
about their apps.  For them, the OS is the GUI interface to their apps.  If
you make it easier for them to navigate to their apps, you will make them
happier/less unhappy.

Those users aren't going to be delving into the OS and won't care as much
about behavior as even the least technical on this list .