Dan Widyono on 29 Mar 2008 08:44:20 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Compare servers

What differences are you trying to notice?  You could run tripwire on each,
or you could create a nightly md5sum tree and upload them for simple
diff'ing, or you could forcibly reimage each (with a differential algorithm a
la rsync) to wipe out differences, or you could mount everything except /var
and /tmp read-only (or diskless: mount them via NFS read-only) and then only
have to monitor those trees, or...

It depends on your available resources and your goal.

By the way, what do you mean by "cluster" specifically?  HPC, HA, JBOS, or
something completely different -- the Larch?

Dan W.