Matthew Rosewarne on 1 Apr 2008 13:48:15 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux on Iphone

On Monday 31 March 2008, Deepan wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has managed to install
> linux on iphone? I am aware of ipodlinux, for
> ipod. Not sure if someone has hacked into iphone.
> Openmoko is a nice alternative though.

If you want a phone that does what you want and lets you have control, get an
OpenMoko.  Buying Apple's phone is a $300 endorsement of their existing
practice of doing everything possible to lock you out, regardless of whether
or not you ultimately force it to run Linux.