Brian Vagnoni on 1 Apr 2008 17:46:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: GPS Recommendation Wanted

Even my Pharos GPS software which is installed on my non-internal capable GPS Verizon Wireless xv6800 requires acknowledgment. This is less of a statement of technology and more a statement about our sue at the drop of the hat, put responsibility on anyone but yourself society. So no I don't think you will find one that is external. If it is factory installed you mite not have to do that. However, since most car companies don't write the software I could definitely see you having to do that.

If certain water shed events were to happen you could conceivably have to do that every time you make a cell phone call. Something to think about.

Regardless, good luck on your search. :-)

Brian Vagnoni

PGP Digital Fingerprint

F076 6EEE 06E5 BEEF EBBD BD36 F29E 850D FC32 3955

From: Casey Bralla [mailto:MailList@NerdWorld.org]
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List [mailto:plug@lists.phillylinux.org]
Sent: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 20:13:45 -0400
Subject: [PLUG] OT: GPS Recommendation Wanted

However, I have noticed one huge problem: Many GPS units require that you acknowledge
a limit to liability whenever the unit turns on!

This not only annoys me philosophically (how many other consumer goods will soon
require a formal limit to liability release be approved before they will work????),
but also means the unit won't work "automatically" unless I touch the control pad.