Michael Leone on 2 Apr 2008 17:07:05 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux on Iphone

Claude M. Schrader wrote:
> On 03:21 Tue 01 Apr     , Deepan wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I am wondering if anyone has managed to install
>> linux on iphone? I am aware of ipodlinux, for
>> ipod. Not sure if someone has hacked into iphone.
>> Openmoko is a nice alternative though.
>> Regards
>> Deepan
>> Sudoku Solver: http://www.sudoku-solver.net/
>
> This is not here yet, but is coming most likely. The iPhone Dev Team is
> currently working on a tool to install a patched bootloader, which should
> in theory let you boot Linux.
> Claude

OK ... to what end? Yes, that's a serious question. What would you like
to do with the iPhone that you can't do with the Apple software, or with
applications that can be developed with the new iPhone SDK? What would
having Linux on your iPhone gain you?

No, I don't have an iPhone.