jeff on 6 Apr 2008 13:04:15 -0700

Re: [PLUG] great tool: x11vnc

JP Vossen wrote:
> I've been testing Xubuntu Hardy beta,

me too, sorta.
I've been trying to get it to run under KVM.  KVM completely locked up
my laptop but behaves on my desktop (both AMD).  Networking is a PITA
(no reflection on Hardy).

> Enter x11vnc [1], which I'd not known about.

it's a *must have* for me.
I discovered it a year or more back.  My application is pure laziness: I
have two desktops in the computer room which I can `use' from my laptop
anywhere else in the house.

It gives me no grief at all.  The scaling feature is very interesting.

I remember trying something else... I think it was ssh with X
forwarding.  Also cool but nowhere near as fast or stable.

I haven't messed with the parameter yet, but Xinerama can confuse it
pretty nicely.

Glad you're enjoying.  As you said, it just works.

-=-=-
... Ford + Microsoft - now you'll have to reboot your CAR