schwepes on 13 Apr 2008 14:12:50 -0700

Re: [PLUG] web file transfer app ("FTP frontends")

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, LeRoy Cressy wrote:

> schwepes@netaxs.com wrote:
> > I'd still like to figure out why my firefox is not working and I'm using
> > the definitely backdated Netscape.  Firefox claims that certain libraries
> > does not exist when I can see them on the download package so it won't
> > execute.
> > bs
> >

> Try ldd on the firefox executable.  If you are not using the version
> that is supplied by your distribution you might need to make some
> symlinks from where firefox thinks they should be and where your
> distribution has stored them.

This time I can't find a firefox executable.  Neither firefox nor
run-mozilla convince my machine that they are executable.
I suspect that I got a flawed transfer so I went back to
www.getfirefox.com.  The damned thing works on neither Netscape
4 where I can't get to a download site nor on the Kfm packaged
with Suse 7.0.
Kfm wants me to choose an application fire to run the download
with.  So far, I've seem to chosen wrong.
I've got kppp's monitor running right now which showed spikes but
no real activity until I started typing.
bs