Art Alexion on 24 Apr 2008 06:41:28 -0700

[PLUG] HD repair recommendations?

200 GB HD died with a number of years of collected rare music.  No warnings.
BIOS no longer sees it.  My guess is that it is a bad logic controller board
on the drive, rather than the disks themselves, and the data is intact.

This is an older seagate.  I found this http://www.deadharddrive.com/ but I
don't know if I can still get the right parts for this one.

Any suggestions for either self repair or repair shops?  I don't think this is
a traditional data recovery job with failing disks so much as good data and
bad circuitry.