K.S. Bhaskar on 24 Apr 2008 11:26:14 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PC equipment ...

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Michael Leone <turgon@mike-leone.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Michael Leone <turgon@mike-leone.com> wrote:
>
>  >  You *used* to avoid CompUSA; they're no longer in business, you know.
>  >  :-) Maybe if you had gone in, they would still be around. Me, I miss
>  >  them. I liked at least a small part of what they sold (the components;
>  >  I never bought a full system from them)
>
>  Ratz! Put the smiley in the wrong place. Didn't mean it to sound like
>  your lack of patronage personally put them out of business.

[KSB]  Well, I did worse than put them out of business by not buying
stuff there!  I made them sell to me at a loss: the last thing I
bought from a CompUSA was about 5 years ago - an 802.11G card for $3
after a mail in rebate at a Black Friday sale.

-- Bhaskar