Casey Bralla on 25 Apr 2008 18:08:57 -0700

[PLUG] Scrolling Sign Software

My company was throwing a way a beautiful Daktronics Galaxy 16x128 tri-color
scrolling LED display.    The software to control it had been lost, and it
ticked off the Plant Manager to see the same message on the display for 2
years.

Anyway, I scrounged it and I'm trying to find any info on the interface specs.
It appears to come with an RS-232 input (using an RJ-45 plug - Ugh!).  I've
found some data on the pin-outs, so I can construct the RS-232 cable, but I
can't find anything on the software interface.   I suppose I could try to
purchase the (Windows- natch) software for it, but I'd much rather hack it.

Anybody have any info on these, or know where I might be able to find info?

--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence