Tharun Kumar Allu on 29 Apr 2008 09:28:56 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Multiple Domains - Apache

> RewriteCond $1 !^domaina/
 Make sure that the url does not have domaina in it

> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?domaina\.com
If the url has domaina.com with or without www with the previous rule met

> RewriteRule (.*) /domaina/$1 [L]
rewrite the url to serve files from /domaina and this is the last.

What is does is when  one types www.domaina.com  it hits the apache  to which the url is pointing to ... www.domaina.com/domaina is what you want to serve so it will check to make sure that the user did not type in /domaina if he does then there is nothing to be done, if not serve the user with the files from domaina directory. with out changing the url. so the user will not see domaina/ in the path.

Can you explain this in normal language. I'm trying to get this working for a
domain that I never got virtual domains working on, but I'm getting a 500 error
and none of this makes sense to me.

Tharun Kumar Allu