Dan Perez on 2 May 2008 06:53:10 -0700

[PLUG] ssh key based authentication

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with ssh key based authentication on a solaris
box.  I'm trying to set it up so I can login in to numerous userids on
this box without a password.  I've created my rsa keys and put my
public keys in the users' authorized_keys files.  I can ssh without a
password to some of the users but not all of them and I can't find the
difference with the two sets of users.

The users that I can't ssh in to without a password are designated ftp
accounts, but I don't see anything that actually makes them ftp
accounts.  They still have valid shells and shell access.  I don't
think the accounts are locked.  The homedirs are in a different
location, /oradata, but the users have full access to their homedirs
and .ssh directories.

I would really appreciate some pointers as to where to look.
Thanks, dan