jeff on 3 May 2008 19:21:17 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu Hardy and Wubi on Windows

correct me if I'm wrong, but when I was reading about this, I got the
impression that linux got installed *inside* windows.  I avoided this
intentionally because Windows is only going to become unstable and
probably will fail at some point, taking linux with it.

Best of luck, dear guinea pig :)

Windows has behaved decently for me lately but only the VM.  On Friday
my Windows monitoring box developed a form of illness I refer to as
Microsoftian Encephalitis.  This particular variety caused most of what
the OS was supposed to do to fail by largely doing nothing (like
Congress).  An in-place OS repair fixed this but my poor coworkers had
to endure my Verbal Windows Fireworks<tm> until it worked again.

To add insult to injury, I had to find a fix because Win Updates
completely, persistently and repeatedly failed to function.  Fortunately
a teammate put together a bat file to fix this as the others had
experienced it too.

P.S. I've had a few Hardy installations refuse to come up with video on
reboot.  A re-reboot fixed this on each of them.

-=-=-
... Windows - it's not an operating system; it's a virus