Doug Crompton on 14 May 2008 23:59:47 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Apache2 zip support

Sean,

 The command line PHP is

doug@bridget:~> php -v
PHP 5.1.4 (cgi) (built: Jun 23 2006 23:36:48)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

and the PHP version reported with phpinfo from my apache server is 5.2.0

Are these two different entities? How do I upgrade or add/enable ZLIB in
the server PHP?

Doug

On Thu, 15 May 2008, sean finney wrote:

> hiya,
>
> On Wednesday 14 May 2008 05:29:34 am Doug Crompton wrote:
> > I am using wordpress and just installed a automated update plugin. When I
> > go to use it it tells me I do not have zip support and to contact my
> > server. Well since I am the server, I need to know what to do?
>
> the actual error message would be helpful, but i assume that it's the zip
> extension for php that is missing.  it could be provided in another package,
> or it could be that the version of php available in that os/release was not
> built with zip support, in which case you will likely have to see if you can
> compile the extension independantly, recompile php, or install another
> distro.
>

> 	sean

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *