Tim Allen on 15 May 2008 05:33:01 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PHP Zlib support

If you're compiling PHP using Apache's DSO feature, you can recompile PHP
with zlib - and while you're at it, you might want to add JPEG, PNG and GD
support. Something like this:

./configure --with-mysql=[mysql-dir] --with-gd --with-zlib-dir=/usr/include
--with-jpeg-dir=[libjpeg-dir] --with-png-dir=[libpng-dir]

You'll have to install lib-jpeg, lib-jpeg-devel, lib-png, and lib-png-devel
if you want to go that route. If you only want zlib, then you can do this:

./configure --with-mysql=[mysql-dir] --width-zlib-dir=/usr/include

Don't forget to include any other libraries / packages you're already using!

Regards,

-Tim / Flip

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Doug Crompton
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:44 AM
To: Phila Linux Users Group
Subject: [PLUG] PHP Zlib support

OK yesterday I asked a question about a wordpress Apache issue. It
probably should have been worked PHP issue.

I am in need of gzip/zip support in PHP under Apache on my server. I
apparently do not have this. Using 5.2.0 PHP with Apache 2 on SUSE 10.3
system. When I execute phpinfo on the server I see no mention of anything
zllib, zip or gzip. How do I make this work? It is my understanding that
PHP has this support built-in. If so how do I configure it?

Are there any PHP gurus out there that can help me with this issue?

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *