Matt Mossholder on 16 May 2008 04:50:08 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu Alternate installer, RAID1 & LVM

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 02:20 -0400, JP Vossen wrote:
> How do I hijack /etc/apt/sources.list if using the Ubuntu Alternate CD?

I'm not sure, but I bet you could do it via preseeding apt - search for
preseeding on the ubuntu wiki.

[snip]
> I'm still pretty sure you need to leave /boot out of the LVM and mirror,
> can anyone prove me wrong?
/boot can definitely be on a mirror, and separately part of LVM. I don't
know if it can be part of both at the same time, but I am pretty certain
it can. The only part that would potentially be an issue would be the
boot loader.

If not, you could always have LVM do the mirroring on /boot, rather than
use md.

> I see the Alternate CD also allows you to trivially set encryption.
> Very cool.  Can you use RAID1 + LVM + Encryption?  Just wondering.  Wow,
> that's a lot of moving parts.

I haven't tried it, sorry...

		--Matt