Brian Vagnoni on 16 May 2008 05:34:00 -0700

Re: [PLUG] hello and laptop question

Hello Bridget;

What do you expect to be able to do with this laptop out in the wild? E-Mail, Web, what kind of apps do you need to or want to run?

Panasonic Tough Books are the most rugged laptops you can buy. They are designed for extremely environments, many police & fire departments, as well as the US military use them.  However, they are not cheap but in your case spending the extra money mite be worth it. You want something that is going to have good battery life, a screen that will be bright enough to be seen in the direct sun light, and something that uses WWAN(preferably GSM or EDVO).

Brian Vagnoni
PGP Digital Fingerprint
F076 6EEE 06E5 BEEF EBBD BD36 F29E 850D FC32 3955

From: bridget cady [mailto:bridgetcady@hotmail.com]
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Sent: Fri, 16 May 2008 07:32:15 -0400
Subject: [PLUG] hello and laptop question

Hi - my name is Bridget Cady and I technically live in Delaware, although I'm about to finish university in Wales. I'll be coming back
to the States in a few weeks and I think I'd like to get involved with PLUG and meet up with other users.

I've applied to join the Peace Corps and am in the market for a new laptop, and I'd like to run Linux exclusively. I'd need something pretty rugged (and relatively inexpensive) and was wondering if you knew of something that might suit me.

Thanks,
Bridget

Miss your Messenger buddies when on-the-go? Get Messenger on your Mobile!