David Coulson on 6 Jun 2008 12:03:34 -0700

Re: [PLUG] DNS Subdomain

If you are authoritative for example.com, within that zone you do:

ns1.c   A   x.x.x.x
ns2.c   A   y.y.y.y
c      NS   ns1.c.example.com.
       NS   ns2.c.example.com.

You don't even need a c.example.com zone loaded on your NS, since it's
just going to check example.com for records anyway. The SOA for
c.example.com will be on ns1.c & ns2.c, not on your NS.