JP Vossen on 11 Jun 2008 13:41:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] How to figure out my UPS needs

> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:53:30 -0400
> From: TuskenTower <tuskentower@gmail.com>
> Subject: [PLUG] How to figure out my UPS needs
>
> So, I lost power last night (so boring!) and obviously, my internet
> connection and VOIP service went kaput.  I have been meaning to get a
> UPS to power the cable modem, router, VOIP adapter and wireless phone,
> but I have no idea how to figure out what will do the job.  Does
> anyone know how a complete n00b could go about figuring out what UPS
> to buy?

I can't answer the question you did ask, but I can answer one you
didn't.  I've been very pleased with the prices and service from
http://www.refurbups.com/.  With their prices you can get much more UPS
for less money, rendering an exact calculation of needs less important.

I have no connection to the company except as a satisfied customer.

Also, I *have* a big UPS from them, but my outage was ~3 hours, which
was about 2 hours too long. :-(  Now I have to try and talk my wife into
a backup generator...  Wish me luck...

Later,
JP