David Coulson on 11 Jun 2008 13:40:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] How to figure out my UPS needs

Michael Leone wrote:
> Seriously - how often does your power go out for more than a day? Or
> more than say 4-5 hours? I can't remember the last time my power was
> out (in South Philly) for hours ....

You also have to consider how long your cable/telco has battery power
for. Most have generators at the CO, but if your DSL comes off an RT or
your local cable company has a box on a pole, they probably don't budget
for more than 6-12hrs, and that was before that last round of expensive
upgrades that doubled power utilization.

David