Alex Launi on 11 Jun 2008 21:45:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Announcing Planet Plug!!!

I don't like to choice to exclude personal posts, they're often much more interesting than technical ones.
At least that's what I think.

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Jonathan E. Magen <yonkeltron@gmail.com> wrote:
Friends,
Over the past few weeks, Plug members on the official Plug IRC channel
(#plug on irc.freenode.net) have put together an exciting new project
to benefit the community. We are proud to announce the grand unified
opening of Planet Plug at http://planet.phillylinux.org! A planet is a
"river of news" feed aggregation mechanism for communities. To learn
more about planets see the software's homepage at
http://www.planetplanet.org/ and see some examples at
http://planet.debian.org, http://planet.lugradio.org and
http://planet.gnome.org.

The goal of Planet Plug is to help bring together the blogging
activities of the community and provide a unique way to interface with
Plug members. By subscribing to the Planet Plug feed (links available
from the planet itself) one is a subscription to every feed syndicated
in the planet.

Planet Plug is being released as an experiment and over the next few
weeks we'll see how things go and if we want to keep it. After some
discussion, it was decided that we wanted to keep the nature of the
PLUG Planet technical rather than aggregating "daily life" blogs. So
only blog feeds of a technical nature will be considered (most of the
popular blogging software lets you tag and release feeds for only
certain subjects - please submit just thetechnical ones)

To have your blog syndicated on the planet, contact yonkeltron, pleia2
or mct either by email (planet@phillylinux.org) or in the #plug IRC
channel on irc.freenode.net with the following information:

* Feed URL - A link to the RSS or Atom feed of your blog is required.

* Your email and identifier - YOUR EMAIL WILL NOT BE REVEALED. The
information is for our records only in case we need to email you about
a problem with the feed. Feeds will be associated with your online
nickname or handle according to your preferences.

* Hackergotchi or other avatar (100x100 pixels max) - Each feed may
have an icon associated with it to represent the author and help
differentiate between feeds. See the Hackergotchi article on Wikipedia
for more information and see Planet Plug at
http://planet.phillylinux.org for some examples.

We thank you in advance for your support and participation.

--Alex Launi