Jonathan Simpson on 12 Jun 2008 19:00:50 -0700

Re: [PLUG] temp sensors

Google sensaphone, its good and cheap stuff.

Jonathan Simpson
4844679965
sent from mobile device

-----Original Message-----
From: jeff <jeffv@op.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:19 AM
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Subject: [PLUG] temp sensors

Before I go (more) nuts looking, are there any temp sensors (SMART
aside?) in servers or UPSes to alert to things like air conditioning
failure?

This being the fourth Monday of the week, I came in to discover a server
room at 90 degrees and climbing.  TWO air conditioners failed.

I figure if I can make use of what's already there to alert us, we're
that much ahead.  I'm sure there are commercial gadgets too and I'm off
to check.

Thanks.