Shameel Arafin on 20 Jun 2008 07:50:24 -0700

[PLUG] Killswitch and iwl4965

Hi All.

There's a linux bug related to the Intel wifi driver iwl4965 (for the Intel Pro 4965 AGN card). Basically, if you do a Fn-F2 (disable wireless through key combo), you can't turn it back on. This is because it sets the rf_kill file to 2, and it needs to be 0.

Does anybody know how to reset it to 0? I've googled around, and even tried Ubuntu's IRC channel, but nobody seems to know. The workaround is to boot Windows, get wifi enabled, then boot Ubuntu... But that's so lame. (Also, I don't want to install Windows on my box).

BTW, if you try echo 0 > rf_kill, it doesn't work. vim rf_kill and setting it to 0 doesn't work either, there's some FSync error.

Thanks guys.

S/
--
Shameel Arafin