David A. Harding on 21 Jun 2008 15:36:28 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Wacom/Tablet Stuff FYI

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 05:19:08PM -0400, Brian Vagnoni wrote:
> The Wacom people have been extremely OSS friendly since the beginning.

Without the wacom driver, my Wacom Bamboo (Model: MTE-350) only moves
the mouse cursor if the pen is touching the pad. When I load the wacom
kernel driver and restart X, the table works like expected -- the only
problem is that if I unplug the USB cord and plug it back in, the tablet
goes back into no-driver-mode, and the only way to restore full
functionality is to restart X.

Does anyone know how to make the Wacom Bamboo fully plug-and-play?
Relevant details from my Xorg.conf below:

        [...]
        Section "ServerLayout"
                Identifier      "Default Layout"
                Screen          "Default Screen"
                InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
                InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
                InputDevice     "stylus"    "SendCoreEvents"
                InputDevice     "eraser"    "SendCoreEvents"
                InputDevice     "cursor"    "SendCoreEvents"
                InputDevice     "pad"
        EndSection

        Section "InputDevice"
                Identifier   "stylus"
                Driver       "wacom"
                Option       "Type" "stylus"
                Option       "USB" "on"
                Option       "Threshold" "10"
                Option       "Device" "/dev/input/wacom"
        EndSection

        Section "InputDevice"
                Identifier   "eraser"
                Driver       "wacom"
                Option       "Type" "eraser"
                Option       "USB" "on"
                Option       "Threshold" "10"
                Option       "Device" "/dev/input/wacom"
        EndSection

        Section "InputDevice"
                Identifier   "cursor"
                Driver       "wacom"
                Option       "Type" "cursor"
                Option       "USB" "on"
                Option       "Threshold" "10"
                Option       "Device" "/dev/input/wacom"
        EndSection

        Section "InputDevice"
                Identifier    "pad"
                Driver        "wacom"
                Option        "Device" "/dev/input/wacom"
                Option        "Type" "pad"
                Option        "USB" "on"
        EndSection

Versions:

        Linux callisto 2.6.24-1-686 #1 SMP Sat Apr 19 00:37:55 UTC 2008
        i686 GNU/Linux

        Debian GNU/Linux sid (unstable)

        X.Org X Server 1.4.0.90
        Release Date: 5 September 2007
        X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
        Build Operating System: Linux Debian (xorg-server 2:1.4.1~git20080517-2)

Thanks,

-Dave
--
David A. Harding            Website:  http://dtrt.org/