Alex Launi on 24 Jun 2008 07:14:46 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux-compatible personal audio players?

Can anyone recommend an MP3 (or other audio format) playing device that
is supported by Linux (heck, if Fedora 7 sees it as a drive, that's
excellent), under $65, and will work for more than three months? The
Craig Electronics 128MB device I bought in January (about $25) seems to
have developed a short, preventing the power from staying on.

I've got a newer creative zen that works really well with Banshee 1.0, it doesn't support OGG, but last I looked the rockbox guys were hacking on it and making a decent amount of progress. It uses MTP, which kind of sucks, but Banshee has handled it like a champ for video, and music, both to and from.

--
--Alex Launi