Art Alexion on 30 Jun 2008 19:05:03 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: Spam volume

On Monday 30 June 2008 18:15:40 Brian Vagnoni wrote:
> 1 to 5 per week on an my own domain address(includes about 10 aliases) I've
> had for many many years which is all over the net. Of course if I go in and
> check the mail logs on Kerio I get hammered all the time it just never
> makes it to my inbox.
>
> On average I get about 50 e-mails a day that I've requested. Almost no
> false positives.

Yes but how many does your filter catch? In other words, how many are coming
in?  We read a lot of statistics about this.  I am sure it varies depending
on how your address has been exposed, and whether it is an address that is
easily guessed by a random address generator.  Curious about the experiences
of real world people as a break from statistical studies from "experts".