Doug Crompton on 1 Jul 2008 08:33:42 -0700

[PLUG] Asterisk problem

I posted this elsewhere without much response, so I though I might just ry
here.

The problem appears to be that with dual core (or multiple) processors and
power managment Asterisk has choppy (stuttering) audio. I am not sure
what the best approach is to solve this. If anyone has any ideas let me
know.

See below for more info.

Doug

In my research it appears this often happens when using more than one
processor. I am using a dual core Pentium.

I guess my dilema here is which way to go. Clearly the audio is not
working the way I would like it to and the way I came to expect from my
old system. When playing messages it seems to get out of sync. Sometimes
skipping ms's of audio. This seems to happen at about a 2-4 second rate.
It is not beyond use but annoying.

I believe that I have things setup to use the RTC as a timing device (see
below) but that did not seem to change the problem. It may have made it
better but not much.

What are my choices? HW card?, Upgrade Asterisk?, ????

Doug