Paul L. Snyder on 9 Jul 2008 07:44:32 -0700

Re: [PLUG] alien dmg?

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008, Art Alexion wrote:

> Is there a way to install or use this in gnome or KDE?  I find proprietary
> stuff tends to have few dependencies because they tend to distribute the
> static libraries that they need.  I google "alien dmg" and "linux alien dmg"
> and all I get are alien skins for Mac or an Alien Invasion game.

Try the dmg conversion progs at:

  http://www.vu1tur.eu.org/tools/

dmg2iso is apparently deprecated, but might work.  dmg2img converts to
an HFS+ image, which you should be able to mount if you have HFS support
compiled into your kernel.

I seem to recall using dmg2iso at one point, and it worked fine.

Paul