Eric on 17 Jul 2008 08:28:28 -0700

Re: [PLUG] keyboard dies

Art:

Which KVM are you using and how old is it? How often does this happen?
Is the keyboard frozen for all computers on the KVM or just the Kubuntu
system?

Try the keyboard (or several) without the KVM (I know, requires multiple
keyboards and is a true P.I.T.A!) but this allows you to isolate the KVM
as the problem or not.

ASIDE:
I use a Belkin OmniView SE 4 port.  I have not experienced the problem
you describe but I have an annoying "glitch" with the wheel in my mouse
that I'm trying to diagnose (for a year now.)  Someday I'll post the xev
output here and see if anyone has further insight into it.  Perhaps I'll
just replace my Logitech with a Microsoft mouse and see if the problem
goes away :-(

Eric

Art Alexion wrote:
> Distro Kubuntu Hardy
> Running Compiz
> KDE 3.5.9
> Using KVM
>
> Every once in a while, while I am working with the mouse, but not necessarily
> typing, keyboard input is suddenly ignored.  Nothing freezes.  Programs
> respond to mouse input.  Switching computers with the KVM doesn't help.
> Restarting the x-server restores the keyboard.
>
> Google doesn't help me with this, but I could be using the wrong search terms
> to describe it.
>
> Any ideas?

#  Eric Lucas
#