Michael Leone on 28 Jul 2008 05:20:59 -0700

Re: [PLUG] compiling firefox

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Mag Gam <magawake@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone managed to compile firefox 3.0.1locally? I am trying to do
> this, but the dependency hell is killing me. If you have done this,
> can you please share with the rest of us how you did it?

I'm curious, and this is a serious question. What advantage are you
looking to gain by compiling locally, as opposed to using a
pre-packaged binary? Execution speed? File size? Customized compile
options? I usually always try and use packages whenever possible,
especially on an application that would be updated fairly frequently,
such as FireFox, etc.

--
Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

This space for rant.