Kevin Valentine on 29 Jul 2008 09:00:32 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Hot Wireless News; Atheros Releases Free Linux Driver For Its 802.11n Devices

E. M. Recio wrote:
> Does anyone know of a PCMCIA card that works with WPA(1/2) on Linux. I
> have tried three or four different cards, and no dice when it comes to WPA.
My wife's laptop using an SMC Networks "EZ Connect g" card.  The model
is SMCWCB-G.  It uses the Atheros 5212 chipset.  More details here:
http://madwifi.org/wiki/Compatibility/SMC

So far, it's worked with Ubuntu, Puppy, and DamnSmall Linux.  WPA1 has
worked on all but DSL.  Never tried WPA2.

-kevin