Ugarit Ebla on 8 Aug 2008 09:50:33 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Sendmail configuration w/osTicket?

Ah the famous DSN problem.  I had the same problem.

Tim Allen wrote:
I wrote yesterday about the slowness with sendmail regarding to PHP - it
turns out it wasn't what I thought. I didn't have to change sendmail
configuration - I had to modify my hosts file! <kicks self> Apparently,
sendmail really doesn't like not having a FQDN in hosts.

The problem was that the hosts file didn't have a fully qualified domain
name. Here's an example of the change I made:

# OLD, BAD CONFIGURATION
127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.1.100           www

# NEW, GOOD CONFIGURATION
127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.1.100           www.mydomain.com

I hope this helps!

Regards,

-Tim