JP Vossen on 8 Aug 2008 12:59:12 -0700

[PLUG] Wine and orage problems on Xubuntu Hardy

OK, silly problem, but I can't find solutions in Google.

I have Wine installed on Hardy.  Using Gnome everything is fine.  Using
Xfce (via xubuntu-desktop), The "Programs" sub-menu is not shown.  It's
there and selected; it works in Gnome; it shows in Apps, Settings, Main
Menu.  It just doesn't display under Xfce.  Naturally, that makes Wine
kinda hard to use.

Semi-related, how do I get that %^*&^% Orage calendar and Preferences
screen from popping up every time I login?  Who thought *that* was a
good idea?  I had the calendar part set to start hidden, but the prefs
page and calendar always show up on login anyway.  Ah, OK, it seems
orage is being run as 'orage -p' by Xfce from
~/.cache/sessions/xfce4-session-host:0, but I can't figure out why.  I
have saved session turned off and I've deleted that file and it still
comes back sometimes.  I finally got so annoyed I zeroed out
/usr/bin/orage, but that's probably a sub-optimal (if very satisfying)
solution.

Later,
JP