Art Alexion on 8 Aug 2008 19:38:58 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Wine and orage problems on Xubuntu Hardy

On Friday 08 August 2008 15:59:08 JP Vossen wrote:
>  have Wine installed on Hardy.  Using Gnome everything is fine.  Using
> Xfce (via xubuntu-desktop), The "Programs" sub-menu is not shown.  It's
> there and selected; it works in Gnome; it shows in Apps, Settings, Main
> Menu.  It just doesn't display under Xfce.  Naturally, that makes Wine
> kinda hard to use.

My boss prefers xfce for its simplicity, and I can't argue with that.  What I
can argue with is that there are just so many things it doesn't do.  In
xubuntu, this seems to be handled by calling a gnome app for certain gui task
not possible with the xfce apps.  But if you are going to load the gtk/gnome
libs, why not just use gnome?

I don't remember how difficult it is to edit the xfce menus, but you can
always create the wine menu.  The launch syntax is usually 'wine
~/.wine/path/app.exe'