Elizabeth Bevilacqua on 23 Aug 2008 03:08:06 -0700

[PLUG] PLUG Logo! And LinkedIn

Hey folks,

Well, the miraculous has occurred, I managed to find a Linux user who
has amazing artistic skills. A few weeks ago Stephanie Fox, member of
PhillyChix.org, offered to take the Tux+Franklin idea that had been
mused about on-list last year and make it into a reality.

She did a brilliant job, and you can now see our new logo on the front
page of our website:

http://www.phillylinux.org/

He doesn't have a name yet :)

I have also created a subpage for logo information:

http://www.phillylinux.org/logo.html

She'll be sending over some other formats of the file, and the
licensing will be a free one, but we haven't settled on which
(suggestions are welcome, leaning toward Creative Commons for easiest
use for anyone who wants it). I'll add all versions and licensing
information to that logo.html page once I have it.

I've also, given the usefulness in networking of late, went ahead and
made a linkedin.com group for PLUG at JP's recommendation (and using
our new logo!). For those of you interested you can check out our
group and join here:

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=708757

Cheers,

Lyz/pleia2