Art Alexion on 26 Aug 2008 14:27:19 -0700

[PLUG] weird konq. bug

konqueror 3.5.9
Kde 3.5.9
Kubuntu 8.04.1

This bug caused me some embarrassment.

Here is a description.  If you have a lot of tabs open, and the last tab is a
web page without a <title> tag in the <head>, Konqueror displays the title of
the last adjacent tab in the title bar when you are viewing the tab with the
blank title.

So here is the embarrassment.  I was having a discussion regarding GPS in cell
phones when someone post a URL that is supposed to be authoritative. The next
adjacent tab was a web page entitled "the shit for brains award".  I looked
at this allegedly authoritative page and saw that its title appeared to be
the aforementioned s4b award, and said so in a responsive post impugning the
authority of the page. (it had other problems, but I no longer have the
credibility to critique them.)

I am filing a bug on launchpad, but I thought I'd post a warning, too.  Screen
shot available.