Christopher M. Jones on 1 Sep 2008 10:12:48 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Mysql versioning

Brian Stempin wrote:
> I've never had to do this, but the first thing that came to my mind was
> using SVN/CVS/whatever to check in a MySQL dump.
>
> Of course, this is only practical for fairly small data sets.

Yea, I've been grepping google for a while today, and that's the
solution everyone points to. I don't think I'm going to have a huge
database, but the problem is that the site is highly dynamic. Users have
access to the live site and are constantly adding / changing content.
Meanwhile, I'm making template and configuration changes. And I'm only
one of a couple of develpers on the site. I need a way to keep
everything synced up, and I want something that works like svn. I think
I'm not going to find it.