Walt Mankowski on 1 Sep 2008 18:42:21 -0700

Re: [PLUG] top posting

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 09:36:22PM -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
> Wouldn't it have been easier to just say:
>
> Top posting is where your reply is on top of the text you are quoting,
> rather than beneath it like this response.
>
> Top posting is frowned upon mostly in =nix technical lists such as this one.

No, I really think it wouldn't.  This has been discussed to death on
hundreds of lists all over the intarwebs, and there's really no reason
to rehash them yet again here.  Better to refer everyone to the
wikipedia article to get everyone up to speed on the issues.