Christopher M. Jones on 13 Sep 2008 15:04:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Want Video Card Recommendation

Wisdom is to stick with nVidia. Their cards -are- better supported, the
ATI drivers are generally considered way inferior to the proprietary
nVidia drivers.

And if you ever get interested in running something like Linux MCE, then
you'll -have- to have nVidia to get the gl support.

You might also want GL for those cool desktop effects, like the rotating
cube in compiz.

Anyway, I used a 5200 FX for ages. Still do, in my 'work' machine. My
myth box runs an 8600GT, and I've been nothing but happy.