TuskenTower on 26 Sep 2008 13:46:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Anyone know anything about clickjacking?

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Michael Leone <turgon@mike-leone.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:43 AM, K.S. Bhaskar <bhaskar@bhaskars.com> wrote:
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1972&tag=nl.e539
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1733
>>
>> As advertised, the link to the proof of concept in the latter URL put
>> something in my (up to date Kubuntu 8.04 FF3) KDE clipboard.
>
> Using the "NoScript" plugin on FF3.02 on Windows with the 'Disallow
> IFRAME option" set did *not* allow anything to execute at the
> proof-of-concept site ... don't have a Linux box here at work to try
> that out on ...

Well, I went to that site and nothing happened with my Linux based FF2
+ NoScript.  So for fun, I click on the flash object (which is not my
normal behavior) and yups, I got http://www.evil.com in FF's clip
board.  While this did hijack the middle click, after I selected text
elsewhere I was able to paste that in.  Standard copy paste is busted
until you close that browser window.

The text below is proof that I am able to select and paste via middle
click (well, assuming you believe me)
Well, I went to that site and nothing happened with my Linux based FF2
+ NoScript.  So for fun, I click on the flash object (which is not my
normal behavior) and yups, I got http://www.evil.com in FF's clip
board.  While this did hijack the middle click, after I selected text
elsewhere I was able to paste that in.

Interesting stuff.  Even more reason to not view flash objects and
default deny advertising.  Yay for NoScript.

Amul