Ugarit Ebla on 2 Oct 2008 08:28:13 -0700

Re: [PLUG] help with filling a sysadmin position

not only the job but the benefits (vacation, sickleave, 401k, matching 401k etc) of working for biglist and what's the salary range.  Most people want decent pay, with decent benefits and stimulating job.  You haven't emphasized any of those things.  By not stating your benefits you're implying that they're not much, perhaps that's the case.  Then good luck filling the position.  Headhunters will immediately want to know the benefits and salary, bonuses, etc.

Omar Thameen wrote:
Thanks for the responses.  What I'm taking away from the feedback
on the job description is that more details about the job might
make it more appealing.  I had been hesitant to lengthen the listing
for fear of being too "chatty" or losing the reader's attention.

I'm surprised that a couple people suggested including transportation
info since I have some there (15-20 mins. from Philly, access to
95 and 476), and figured Media, PA is easy enough to enter into a
map site or track down on the septa site.  However, adding notes
about the trains/buses won't be distracting.

I've been avoiding headhunters, but am not completely opposed,
particularly if they know the industry, aren't just matching resumes
to keywords, and can get me closer to the ideal candidate.

Omar