Art Alexion on 3 Oct 2008 08:59:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] help with filling a sysadmin position

On Friday 03 October 2008 11:37:07 am William H. Magill wrote:
> You make the same assumption that far too many HR people make ---
> that EVERYONE, not  only owns a car, but also is willing to use that
> car for a daily commute.

Let me chime in that I have traded /my car/ (there is still a family car) for
a scooter.  It peaks around 60 and cruises at 50.  I don't have SEPTA
limitations, but I wouldn't take a job that made me use 476 or 95.  Frankly,
it would have to be a pretty good job for me to sit in a car on 476 twice a
day.