Julien Mills on 8 Oct 2008 06:36:24 -0700

[PLUG] Google groups, OT

Hi all,

Just an observation... over the past many years when
I've been trying to solve a problem I've been finding
that the Usenet groups to be less and less helpful.

Maybe I've suppressed bitter memories but I remember
searching deja and later google and usually finding
something intelligent about what I was trying to do.
Lately maybe I'm doing some more complicated stuff.

What I'm thinking is going on maybe: people are blogging
and using discussion groups on certain web sites
instead of reading and posting to the groups.  And Usenet
groups are kind of fading a bit, newer users may not really
know they're out there.