Douglas Muth on 13 Oct 2008 16:17:46 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Tracking down a spammer - advice?

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Marc Zucchelli <marcz908@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I recently found out that a spammer has been sending massive amounts of
> e-mail from one of my servers.  I am running qmail on debian sarge.  After
> looking at my log files, I am seeing things like "pid 22432 from
> 123.123.123.123."  None of these look like the spammer though, what I see
> looks like messages that were bounced from the spam.

It would be most helpful if you could send the headers from one of the
spams or bounces.

What you describe /almost/ sounds as though your domain was forged on
a spam and you're seeing bounces.  But I'd need to see a sample
message before saying that for certain.

-- Doug