Art Alexion on 5 Nov 2008 11:04:39 -0800

[PLUG] Fwd: Important notice about your Verizon Yahoo! account

1984, 2008 Edition.

We make you our advertising mule so that we can deliver more services to you.
Meanwhile, by the way, we are doing away with the services we have always
provided to you.
--- Begin Message ---
Verizon Yahoo!

Dear Verizon Yahoo! member,

We are writing to you about some upcoming changes to your Verizon Yahoo! account.

You will soon begin seeing advertisements in your Verizon Yahoo! Mail service. Advertising allows us to deliver new and innovative services and helps us keep prices competitive. As we remain committed to providing users with the best possible online experience, the new advertisements will be carefully integrated, with the goal of being useful to you.

Also, after careful consideration, some of the premium services associated with your Verizon Yahoo! account, like Verizon Yahoo! Online Protection all-in-one security suite, will be discontinued before the end of this year. To better serve you, we're focusing our efforts on providing you with a more powerful, personalized Internet experience. In the next few weeks, we'll send detailed emails on these changes and what actions, if any, you may need to take.

We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause, but believe they will allow us to bring you exciting new features that will continue to enhance your Verizon Yahoo! online experience. For FAQs, please visit verizon.net/yahoochanges, which we will keep updated as more information becomes available.

Thank you for choosing Verizon Yahoo!.

Verizon Yahoo! Member Services

Please do not reply to this message. This is a service email related to your use of Verizon Yahoo!. To learn more about Yahoo!'s or Verizon's use of personal information, including the use of Web beacons in HTML-based email, please read each Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Verizon Communications Inc. is located at 140 West Street, New York, NY 10007.

RefID: lp-1018656