Michael Leone on 5 Nov 2008 11:06:50 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Fwd: Important notice about your Verizon Yahoo! account

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Verizon Yahoo! member,
>
> We are writing to you about some upcoming changes to your Verizon Yahoo! account.
>
> You will soon begin seeing advertisements in your Verizon Yahoo! Mail service. Advertising allows us to deliver new and innovative services and helps us keep prices competitive. As we remain committed to providing users with the best possible online experience, the new advertisements will be carefully integrated, with the goal of being useful to you.

Didn't Google just back out of their proposed ad deal with Yahoo?
Timing seems suspicious to me ... :-)

--
Michael J. Leone, <mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

"Want to make your computer go really fast? Throw it out the window!"
...Anonymous