K.S. Bhaskar on 7 Nov 2008 19:18:37 -0800

[PLUG] How to require password on wakeup from Suspend to RAM - Kubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid)

KDE 4.1 on Kubuntu 8.10 seems to have a security hole.  If I suspend
to RAM, either with the GUI and mouse, or with sudo pm-suspend, when
it wakes up, it does not require a password.  KDE 3.5.9 on Kubuntu
8.04 when suspended to RAM and woken up would wake up with a
screensaver (even if it wasn't running a screen saver when made to
sleep), and my screensaver is password protected.  This seems like a
major security hole.

Does anyone know of a way to put a laptop/PC to sleep with Kubuntu
8.10 and require a password on wake up?  Thank you very much.

-- Bhaskar

P.S. Tried Google.  Others have the same problem, but no solutions.