Art Alexion on 8 Nov 2008 06:24:22 -0800

[PLUG] Bulletproof X

I have been trying unsuccessfully to configure synaptics/gsynaptics to
work with the elantech touchpad on an eee 1000 running ubuntu-eee
8.04.

Two things are happening (or not happening).  I keep getting told that
I need to set SHMConfig to true in xorg.conf even though it is, and
setting hard coded options there don't seem to do anything.

I am starting to suspect that I am not really using /etc/X11/xorg.conf
due to bulletproof X.  How do I change the settings that X is using if
that is the case, or how do I force it to use the expected xorg.conf
file?

Googling bulletproof X only seems to produce links regarding the
reason and theory behind it, and not the mechanics.

Thanks

artAlexion
sent unsigned from webmail interface