Michael Leone on 14 Nov 2008 19:33:52 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Distros

Walt Mankowski wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:12:43PM -0500, Michael Leone wrote:
>> It's a page of links, each to a description of what is in each distro.
>> But it's not a comparison table, with highlights of differences ... (I'm
>> not sure you could easily do that, since each distro could conceivably
>> run however many desktop environments, etc)
>>
>>> as for the "TOP" ten in terms of quality, that's honestly a bit to
>>> subjective to provide a comprehensive database on.
>> He didn't ask for "quality", but listing of differences.
>
> OK, how about this?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Linux_distributions
>
> Maybe there's something better, but that seems pretty comprehensive
> for 30 seconds worth of searching...

If I was the one looking, that would be the place I'd spend most of my
time on ...

--
Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

"a grotesque mixture of incompetence and sycophancy shielded by a genial
personality"
           -- Larry Johnson, about George Tenet, former head of the CIA