Matthew Rosewarne on 15 Nov 2008 12:33:39 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Your recommendations

On Saturday 15 November 2008, JP Vossen wrote:
> So that's an interesting chicken and egg problem.  How do you install
> the OS, so you can boot up and switch to GRUB2, when the config you want
> won't work under the default GRUB1 in the first place?  I'd argue, too
> much like work.  Let it use the default and keep /boot outside of LVM.
> But that's good news for when GRUB2 eventually becomes the default.

If there's no option to install GRUB 2 (there was last time I saw the Debian
Installer, which asked if you wanted 1 or 2), then you switch over to tty2,
chroot into /target, install grub-pc, and install GRUB 2 from inside the
chroot.